Sunday, November 23, 2008

What's new

Not too much is new around the Schmidt house. Halen is happy ,healthy and full of energy. I swear he only knows how to run. He is very into the movie Cars still and loves Thomas almost as much. He also has a thing for fire trucks, rescue vehicles and construction trucks. He knows where just about every fire station and construction site is in the local area. He points them out every time and wants to ride on ALL of them.
He painted his first picture yesterday. Up until now, I only let him have crayons, markers and colored pencils. I forgot that I had tucked away some toddler paints he got as a gift last year. I found them last week and thought I would let him try it. He really liked it.
Once again he is obsessed with Santa. We had to buy him a new Santa hat because we cannot find the one from last year. He is so very excited to see Santa, write him a letter, and show him the Toys R Us sale ads he has been saving up. Each time we get one he calls it his newspaper and pours over it and tells me all the things he wants. I just keep telling him to tell Santa when he sees him. I caught him ripping out a section the other day. He only wanted the one toy, so he thought he would tear out just that corner and put it in his back pack. Too funny!
We are doing the Polar Express train ride again this year. I can't wait!! What a fun time we had last year. The story, the songs and of course SANTA!!
We have watched the movie several times already.
I am so looking forward to watching Halen open gifts this year. He is gonna be a trip !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julia loves the Toys r Us catalogs too. She brings it to me 3-4 times a day to look through. She wants to see the "baby, baby".